Leidos is hiring a Senior DB2 Database / SQL Developer for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. As our DB2 Developer, you will work closely with the application development team in an Agile environment. You will provide day to day database development activities which includes the management of database objects and the creation and tuning of SQL queries.
Day to Day Duties:
- You will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. You will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
- You may work closely with the team leader / chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, database development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- In this position, you will also support risk / opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
- Experience with z/OS DB2 Database Development
- 4 years DB2 experience including loading, unloading, database backups and maintaining tables
- SDLC software development experience
- 4 years experience writing and running SQL queries batch.
- 4 years experience using QMF
- 4 years experience using SPUFI
- 4 years experience creating and maintaining JCL
- Analyze troubleshoot and remediate data integrity issues.
- Experience diagnosing problems, and troubleshooting.
- Experience providing support for database problem resolution, and recovery.
- Experience providing analytical and technical support to multiple technical teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Agile project experience
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration. The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management