The Senior Security Controls Assessor Representative (SCA Rep) will work with a team of SCA Reps and the INFOSEC Customer Support Desk to support the U.S. Navy’s cyber security mission. The SCA Rep will work in a dynamic environment to review and perform testing on client information systems, resulting in a complete risk assessment document in the form of a Security Assessment Report (SAR). Additionally, the SCA Rep will provide administration, support, and assistance to the Delegated Authorizing Official (DAO), DAO Representatives, the Security Control Assessor (SCA), Information Systems Security Managers ISSM), Information Assurance Managers (IAM), Information Assurance Officers (IAO), Program Offices, and Security Engineers as warranted.
The SCA Rep will advise on all matters pertaining to IA/CS, with experience establishing and managing A&A teams, and adapting industry , DoD, and IC standards to create best practices; Use databases e.g. Xacta tool for Authorization to Operate (ATO) artifact review, and process and review Naval message traffic. Review and process Interim Authority to Test (IATT) as well as Baseline Change Requests. Participate in weekly systems overview presentations by customers to the NAVINTEL IA DAO.
- Review information systems for compliance with applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) and other directives/guidance and make recommendations to the DAO.
- Provide IS security advice and guidance in accordance with applicable ICD and other directives and guidance to Government and DoD partners for the protections of data at all classification levels.
- Provide IS technical guidance and support in preparing responses for USG appoval to A&A questions asked by Government and DoD partners.
- Evaluate and recommend approval, disapproval, or waiver(s) for IS processing national security data at U.S. Navy facilities.
- Provide input to or consideration in the promulgation of future security policy.
- Support and/or conduct site visits and assessments to inspect and verify IS reports and plans at various Navy locations.
- Prepare reports and memoranda as may be required.
- Update data on Government provided databases with current information related to IS status.
- Prepare review, and record notification and status messages to indicate A&A state of systems to system owner or programs.
- Ensure appropriate IS security requirements including applicable ICDs and other directives and guidance are addressed and applied and that appropriate documentation is prepared by the system owners or programs to include: Security Assessment Packages, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) Plan, System Security Plans, System Requirements Traceability Matrix, Risk Management Matrix, Test Results, interface control documents, requests for changes, test plans, and other related program security documentation.
- Track completion of the Security Assessment Package and report on status.
- Provide preparation of the Security Assessment Report (SAR).
- Perform short term (10-60) total days per year) CONUS and OCONUS travel to conduct site security inspections when required.
Must possess one of the following active certifications: CISSP, CAP, GIAC, GSLC or CISSM
BA/BS in IT, IA or related field and 12+ years of A&A experience with ICD-503, and/or NIST Framework OR MA/MS in a related field and 10+ years of relevant work experience. Additional years of relevant technical work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Experience with DoD, DISA, NNWC, DoDIIS and/or IC tools, systems and reporting mechanisms/requirements for A&A.
Extensive experience and education in information assurance, e.g., accreditation, security testing and evaluation.
Knowledge of DoD, IC and national level system security initiatives and secure information/LAN/WAN technologies.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.