The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Configuration Manager and Data Management analyst with an interest in radar engineering design, development, manufacturing and support to work in our Ridgecrest, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your Data and Configuration Management skills to support the Navy's Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Ranges (AEWTTR) mission in China Lake, California. Our Leidos team in Ridgecrest provides engineering support for design, modification, and maintenance of ground radar and associated devices for the Navy's aircrew Electronic Warfare (EW) training capability.
This position will require approximately 5% travel with estimated travel at one to two weeks a year to geographically disperse sites associated with the AEWTTR program. These training ranges are located primarily located at Cherry Point, NC, Fallon, NV, Yuma, AZ and Pacific Beach, WA.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Management of the Document Release process,
• Data Management, and
• Configuration Status accounting.
Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Coordinates modification records for management control. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities. Ensures that customer requirements are implemented, and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
As the configuration manager, the successfully candidate will:
• Maintain the Configuration Management (CM)
• Schedule audits on CM database to ensure the quality and integrity of CM system
• Develop security guidelines to avoid unauthorized changes to the CM database
• Maintain proper version controls of software and hardware deliverables
• Manage asset management initiatives such as material receiving and acceptance requirements
• Participate weekly with Program Management and Procurement to address on-going status of open commitments
• Maintain the Procurement Register and participate in weekly internal procurement status meetings
• Assist in the preparation of monthly reports that communicate program status and health
• Preparing, publishing, and revising the contractors Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
• Protect and maintain the government and contractor controlled technical data package (TDP).
• Review and provide comments for Engineering Releases and verify that all comments have been incorporated correctly.
• Create unique CD's and electronic uploads for deliveries, as required. Prepare record releases of subcontractor/supplier data.
• Conduct audits to ensure appropriate CM procedures are implemented: Functional Configuration Audits (FCA), Physical Configuration Audits (PCA), and audits of subcontractor/vendor TDPs and CM/DM Systems.
• Ensure Serialization and Traceability requirements are met.
• Prepare and update work instructions as required.
• Ensure Data Management (DM) activities are implemented. CDRLs/SDRLs and status and reporting requirements are met. Resolving DM related issues with all stakeholders and customer representatives.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret level required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma and nine (9) years or more experience; OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience; OR PhD and 0 years related experience
• Must have or be able to attain an active Secret Security clearance
• Prior Supply Chain experience
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Configuration management experience in a Department of Defense and/or Commercial Environment.
• Experience implementing and conducting a Configuration Management program per MIL-HDBK-61 (A), Configuration Management Guidance
• Strong technical background
• Basic understanding of Contracts