The NISC III Real Estate, IT, Engineering, and Support Services (RITES) team within the Leidos Civil group, is looking for an experienced professional Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) of eLearning and instructor-led training products and services. In this role, the ISD will support the team in the review, evaluation, design/redesign, development, restructuring and/or repackaging of training solutions.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Providing consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions, as well as on effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery
- Creating asynchronous and synchronous instruction designed for a distributed learning environment
- Working with instructors, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), instructional technologists, and multimedia developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate distributed learning solutions
- Creating storyboards, scripts, scenario-based instruction, and other advanced learning strategies and artifacts to meet the needs of the learners
- Performing the actual detailed development of course materials or courseware, as well as product testing and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager’s discretion.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials
- Experience of leading training initiatives independently and from cradle-to-grave by developing and utilizing a strong project management framework that have resulted in high-quality customer deliverables.
- Previous experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing learner/customer feedback, test data, and program evaluations to determine workforce performance needs, curriculum design/development and learning solutions
- Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and human factors engineering that apply
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include MS Office Suite, MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Ability to teach and mentor other team members
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience defining and developing SCORM- and 508-compliant products
- Experience with developing engaging and effective virtual instructor-led training
- Experience with multi-media design architecture including Interactivity Levels 2 and 3
- Previous experience supporting the FAA or other Federal Government agencies
- Ability to manage knowledge sharing environments
- Highly-motivated with a positive, customer-first attitude
- Agile and collaborative with strong creative, problem-solving and relationship-building skills
- Works well under pressure and can handle tight deadlines, multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Takes initiative, ownership of assignments and personal responsibility
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.