The Biobehavioral Research Division within the Military and Veterans Health Services Operation at Leidos has a need for a Human Resource Specialist.
The individual selected for this position will perform a variety of duties to support the Naval Health Research Center, San Diego, CA, specifically the NHRC Directorate for Administration.
Specifically, this position includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Provide human resource strategies and facilitation services to assist with the performance of tasks needed to meet the objectives and mission of the NHRC Strategic Plan to include:
- Provide consultation support to Command management.
- Track, provide and maintain documentation of Command human resource compliance and periodic reviews.
- Facilitate and coordinate extramural human resource activities, provide support to management, and assist with the coordination and publication of minutes from conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Organize committees, working groups, and advisory groups to support Command human resource initiatives.
- Facilitate, coordinate, document and distribute Command HR policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Government with various Human Resource tasks related to Government personnel actions.
- Facilitate communication between Command leadership and officials at other agencies to support the human resources mission of the Command.
- Facilitate high-level intra and extra-mural human resource meetings for the purpose of programmatic reviews, consensus building, and program coordination.
-A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
-Ability to obtain Secret clearance
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
-A minimum of 5 years of experience with processing human resource documentation
-Strong skills to critically review, independently edit, format and synthesize various types of input (verbal, notes, emails, drafts) into a cohesive document or correspondence in accordance with the Navy Correspondence Manual, Official Navy Message Traffic, and other format policies.
-A minimum of 1 year of experience working in military environment with military technical documents including point papers, policies, and messages.
Previous experience working in a military environment
Previous DoD background check or clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.