This position will be located in New Delhi, Goa, Chennai and/or Hyderbad.
Leidos is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. Leidos provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Leidos is an agile global aviation and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides aviation, defense, energy, health, intelligence, science, space and commercial technologies across air, land, space and cyber domains. Leidos has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 37,000 employees and customers in more than 400 locations in 30 countries. Leidos.com
Under general direction, responsible for managing cost, schedule, and contract performance of major programs or series of programs. Plans, organizes and integrates company resources required to successfully manage the program(s) and meet contractual obligations. Establishes goals and objectives for the program team and obtains their commitments to those goals. Is the main interface for the Program Management group working with customers delegating specific contract roles to other team members. The three primary criteria for a successful delivery of programs are on-time, on-budget and meeting customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops with the team and presents to management the overall program status on a continuous basis as required.
- Establishes program budgets with program team members and maintains effective cost and schedule controls.
- Analyzes and resolves minor subcontractor performance issues and advises Program Management of major subcontractor performance issues. Recommends corrective course of action(s).
- Monitors and assesses performance; identifies problems and institutes corrective actions as required
- Establishes goals for program and objectives for team members communicates those results to individuals and functional management at conclusion of program.
- Disseminates contract or proposal requirements to all team members. Performs or delegates, as required, internal and customer coordinator of activities.
- Serves as main point of contact for customer for all program goals, issues, and initiatives, and coordinates with program management team members to accomplish all contract deliverables
- Provides day-to-day program interface with main customer and other key program stakeholders along with key service program management team members, including preparation and delivery of financial and performance data and analytics, and communication to customer at monthly program management reviews
- Ensure all program and contract deliverables are met, drive internal and external customers in the completion and optimization of contract performance.
- Coordinates the on-time delivery, storage, install, test, commissioning, and hand-over of equipment with high customer satisfaction.
- Manages and coordinates contractual correspondence, and drafts contractual letters when necessary
- Manages and evaluates financial and technical trade-off analyses required for proposed changes in a program.
- Assigns individual responsibilities for each segment of work. Authorized work and releases budgets to all team members.
- Develops procedures to facilitate efficient production flow for product line products; recommends measures to improve methods, performance and quality. Suggests changes to overall efficiency.
- Interfaces with all major subcontractors to discuss program status and cost/schedule performance.
- Coordinates proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications.
- Responsible for follow-on work with on-going customer(s), and project(s).
- The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described above.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer / Electrical / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of related program management experience, knowledge of government programs and contract management preferred.
- International, and multicultural business experience is a requirement for this position.
- Past experience managing program management administrative staff is a plus.
- Knowledge of MRP and/or ERP/CRM systems preferred.
- PMP Certification is preferred for this position.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with internal and external customers.
- A strong background in digital x-rays or other 2-D imaging systems technology is a must for this position.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers is essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications.
- Must be able to travel on regular basis a minimum of fifteen percent (15%) of the time to key customers and suppliers.
- Must be able to successfully negotiate pricing, terms and conditions with range of suppliers and customers.
- Ambitious, transparent, empathetic, hard-working, benefit focused, result oriented, team player with effective communication and strong leadership skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.