Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for an experienced information management professional to manage critical records in support of our Department of Energy customer in Morgantown, WV. The successful candidate understands the principles, concepts, and techniques in the field of managing records and enterprise content management systems (ECM), through all phases of the records life cycle including: creation, collection, maintenance, use, and disposition.
- Under minimal supervision, conduct record inventories and electronic record evaluations.
- Employ standardized work flow for records processing and retrieval.
- Monitor, review, process, scan, categorize and upload records and associated attachments into the ECM following established protocols.
- Assist with tracking of weekly production status.
- Assist in assessments and compliance audits. Aid in preparation and analysis of records management reports.
- May train internal and external customers on processes, the use of the ECM, and associated work instructions.
- Follow appropriate procedures and manuals governing Information Management activities, roles and responsibilities. Protect and identify sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure according to policy and regulatory guidance.
- Recommend procedure updates as needed and search for process improvement opportunities.
- Provide consultation and hands-on training to internal and external customers on records turnover processes and practices.
- Aid record owners protect and preserve federal records and information which contain important financial, legal, administrative, and programmatic information about organizations, individuals, and groups. (Essential records)
- Maintain physical and electronic records and information according to established procedures, industry best practices, and federal regulations.
- Resolve situations utilizing problem-solving skills and provide immediate follow-up to both customers and supervisors.
- Maintain awareness of developments, innovations, industry best practices, and changes to regulations in the discipline of records and information management.
- Provide records management disaster response support for recordkeeping emergencies.
- Suggest process improvements related to position and/or department.
- Exhibit superior professionalism and provide excellent customer service.
- Associates of the Arts or Associates of Science
- Three or more years of relatable experience including, but not limited to: records and information management, library science, document control, creation, collection, indexing, digitizing, transportation, and storage of paper and electronic records.
- Excellent computer skills in creating and maintaining documents, spreadsheets, SharePoint, ECM systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, virtual meeting/collaboration software.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail to verify information and ensure accurate storage and retrieval of records.
- Effectiveness in coordinating and prioritizing tasks.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with a variety of individuals and customers.
- Ability to perform records and information management tasks independently and as a team, and to analyze and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work with broad objectives, with latitude, to determine the best way to accomplish tasks.
- The language skills, communications skills, reasoning ability, technical skills, and computer skills necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Bachelors of the Arts or Bachelors of Science
- Certified Records Analyst (CRA): Preferred.
- Information Governance Professional (IGP): Optional
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.