Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a program and policy advisor on research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) requirements to realize weapon system performance goals. Working with a high caliber and collaborative team, this role provides our NNSA customer support for concept development studies which will require background in nuclear weapons engineering, nuclear weapons physics, historic Phase Development Studies, the Stewardship Capability Delivery Schedule, global security activity, and a good understanding of the NNSA Weapons Laboratories.
- Formulate talking points and briefings on science, technology, and engineering developments within the DOE/NNSA national security enterprise (from technical and policy perspectives, for a range of audiences)
- Participate in reviews and conduct data analysis
- Cultivate strong and productive working relationships between DOE/NNSA offices and the national laboratories & sites to assess policy milestones and objectives
- Review and evaluate programmatic and technical information related to nuclear weapons programs and the associated equipment, facilities, and infrastructure
- Provide advisory and assistance services in technical and policy areas related to the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile
- Assist with the development of NNSA’s report(s) in response to Congressional requirements
- Assist with the development and review of annual updates to strategic plans
- Conduct cross-cutting business case studies, scenario planning, and analyses of major issues and activities that impact mission and goals
Required Clearance: Active DOE Q
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of related program management and technical experience with nuclear weapons and delivery platforms.
- Extensive experience in developing drivers and requirements for current and future RDT&E programs.
- Desire to mentor colleagues in complex science, technology, and engineering topics related to nuclear weapon sustainment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
- Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, and members of Congress and their staff.
- Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
- Experience with the range of administrative laws, policies, and regulations, and business practices applicable to the management of stockpile management activities.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.