Leidos has a job opening beginning in the Spring or Fall of 2021 for a Cyber Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op in Reston, VA.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Work will consist of a wide range of project tasks to include: web application design and development, mobile app design and development, securing application components including communications, multi-factor authentication, penetration testing, and static/dynamic code analysis. Tasks also include integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities for logistics, modernization of web-based user interfaces.
Tasks that Students will perform:
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Perform software analysis, design, development and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux, and mobile operating systems.
- Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or directly related field.
- The student must be willing/able to take a semester off to work through the Fall 2021 (June-December 2021) or Spring 2022 (January-June 2022) or semester.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Python, assembly, operating system internals, security protocols, and/or database systems
- Experience with Virtual Machines
- Experience with Jira and/or GitLab
- Skills should include knowledge of web services, SOA, IoT, encryption, security, cloud services, and communications.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- Eligibility to obtain a Secret Security clearance. (US Citizenship required)
- Familiarity with software security requirements, Information Assurance policies and mobile technologies.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.