At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Leidos has an immediate need for an experienced Software Test Lead to support our AIMES group located in Beavercreek, OH.
As the Software Test Lead, you will be responsible for coordinating and expanding all aspects of software testing for a suite of Leidos video processing products. You will work on developing and enhancing processes to ensure thorough testing of all software functionality is completed, whether via automated or manual testing. It also involves development and reporting of testing metrics to support development and management requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 4+ years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Practical understanding of testing and test automation throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Experience working with developers and directing a team of traditional testers to validate components of a software suite
- An understanding of the theory and practice of test driven development
- Prior experience working with standard software engineering tools, such as Git and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum or Kanban and workload management and bug tracking, preferably using Jira
- Ability to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- US Security Clearance Requirement: Active Secret and ability to obtain TS SCI
In this role, you will work on the core engineering team for products in active deployment around the world. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Generate test cases and write test steps based on requirements
- Work with technical staff to determine the best test methods for new software feature
- Collaborate with the software developers to determine the key software components that may be causing issues
- Develop, maintain and extend the test automation infrastructure
- Execute functional, system, regression, and performance testing
- Help drive toward our goal of 100% code coverage by guiding a team of testers and engineers
- Provide technical leadership for all testing
- Common test automation tools, such as Selenium, Cucumber, and TestComplete
- Development and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Code quality scans with product similar to SonarQube
- Experience with data delivery over unreliable networks, ideally video streaming
- Windows and Linux platforms
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.