Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Operational Energy Acquisition Analyst in Washington, DC. Leidos supports the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Operational Energy) (SAF/IEN) with project management and policy support subject matter experts. Each year about $9B, or 7-8% of the Air Force budget has gone to purchase energy. Approximately 86%, or $7.2B, is operational energy (aviation fuel). The Air Force Operational Energy Program vision is to Create an energy optimized Air Force that maximizes combat capability for the warfighter.
- Coordinate, consolidate, and track SAF/IE participation in AFRL’s execution of the Advanced Power Technology Office (APTO) Program.
- Coordinate, consolidate, and track SAF/IE’s participation in OSD’s Operational Energy Capability Improvement Fund (OECIF) submissions and ongoing projects.
- Track status and organize updates and presentations for AFRL and OECIF projects to SAF/IEN, and potentially to congressional staffers, on ongoing research projects.
- Maintain liaison between AFRL, OSD, and industry to facilitate briefings and presentations on new emerging technologies that have an operational energy impact.
- Provide detailed updates to leadership and interested parties by participating in meetings/forums and coordinating, consolidating, developing and delivering/presenting associated meeting materials (e.g. slides, after action reports, minutes).
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant USAF experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant USAF experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- HQ Air Force Staff level experience preferred, specifically in Plans, Programs, and Requirements Division, Operations Division, and/or experience working at AFRL or Air Force Major Commands.
- Experience with Air Force Operations, either as aviator or in support role.
- Experience with acquisition preferred, specifically Air Force requirements.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.