The Integrated Missions Operation (IMO) within the Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager.
The Capture Manager is a key member of the business development team for the Integrated Missions Operation (IMO). This position will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed customer base. This position should be based out of the Washington DC region although other locations in the eastern part of the U.S. will be considered.
This position reports to the IMO Business Development Director and is accountable for capturing mid-size to large, complex technology-centric, enterprise IT and/or Cybersecurity programs with our U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) customer base with the potential to support opportunities with other critical IMO customers.
The Capture Manager is responsible for leading a business opportunity from the early interest shaping phase through proposal submittal phase. In addition, the position is responsible for ensuring excellence in delivery of full life cycle business development activities, including management of bid and proposal (B&P) resources, capture strategies, value propositions, preparing and presenting strong business cases to leadership, bringing best of breed solutions forward to customers and proposal management specifically for the IMO market segments.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience winning $50M+ technology-centric, enterprise IT and/or Cybersecurity captures/proposals and demonstrate proven strong team leadership skills and writing abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 12+ years of related experience.
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, IT and Cybersecurity programs with values over $50M is essential. Portfolio of submittals and awards should include experience in all types of government contracts (firm-fixed price, T&M, cost-plus, etc.) and full array of capture strategies (re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
- Must have a demonstrated track record of designing and executing successful acquisition strategies and achieving profitable revenue growth in federal government contracting work.
- Must have reputation for being able to build and lead high performance teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have 10 or more years of related recent business development/capture management experience with a track record of closing deals within the Federal business space. Past experience must also include management of successful business development/capture management for technology-centric, enterprise IT and/or Cybersecurity standard contracts, task orders and IDIQ programs, specifically with Civil agencies
- Proven experience developing relationships with teaming partners and industry associations to help drive partnerships
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and highly effective interpersonal skills in order to maintain on-going interactions with technical leaders and business executives within the Corporation, Civil Group, IMO and with customers, industry and subcontractors.
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
- Experience with the Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration or the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission are preferred
- Past Capitol Hill experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university/college required, with concentration in business administration, engineering, science, or technical discipline preferred. MBA or advanced degree a strong plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.