The Leidos Intelligence Division is currently seeking a Principal SIGINT System Engineer with an active TS/SCI Polygraph to support a new task on a Leidos prime contract in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development , system engineering and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
As a Principal SIGINT System Engineer you will provide System Engineering/Process Engineering support to Global Issues Group - Hawaii organization. The Principal System Engineer provides technical direction and clarification of requirements to software agile development teams, integration and test personnel, performs system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification and supports planning / development and interfaces with personnel from other organizations.
The Principal System Engineer will provide technical advice to support policymaker requirements regarding collection and dissemination of tactical data from conventional sources. Work closely with team management to research and develop automated solutions to current dataflow constraints and document findings. Duties require familiarity with various collection resources, analytic tools, and SIGINT repositories. The System Engineer will have experience to :
- Run a pilot to improve discoverability of the Navy tactical data and other signals data currently ingested at site into standard existing tools
- Investigate streamlining Navy tactical data by ingesting the data in-theater or close to in-theater, in cases where it’s currently being ingested at site
- Provide technical direction to junior system engineers.
- Work with senior Government leadership to establish the program’s initial presence and mission role at new location
- Influence the roles and responsibilities of additional staff to be added to this task.
- Serve as site lead in oversight of additional staff
- Bring thought leadership to customer for capabilities and areas where the program can further enhance the customer mission.
Bachelor's Degree and 20 years of experience or Master's Degree and 15 years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
- At least (15) years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale.
- Experience working with various data collection modes, including, but not limited to conventional assets, is required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated engineering leadership
- Familiarity with standard existing tools, including, but not limited to the following is preferred: (DX, IM&S, INTRANSIT, Timeplane, XKS, PERSUS, Wrangler, CED)
- Experience developing and publishing system findings
- Experience investigating and documenting as-is architectures
- Experience supporting Operations
- Experience engaging with customer (SMEs) and document requirements to be vetted and completed tasking assigned
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.