At Leidos, we take responsibility for improving the quality of life of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. We have an immediate opportunity for a multi-talented Infrastructure Engineer working in San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA. This position provides for an optional 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available to motivated candidates looking to build a career with our dedicated team. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) to be considered for this position.
This position is responsible for supporting software integration, test automation and information assurance teams with automated build solutions. The position supports design of code automation framework for the program, document automation requirements and maintain automation developer's guidance. Additional responsibilities include:
- Document the installation and configuration of various software components and support the baseline automation framework by submitting automation code updates and respective test automation test cases.
- Support all required environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks. Follow existing and document new procedures and guidance to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Create scripts to set polices and standards within the Operating Systems. Scripts will be needed for quicker patching and debugging.
- Perform deployment installation audits and baseline identification for test environments.
- Communicate with Product teams, Product Owners and Product manager to ensure Product team challenges and blockers, and status are understood up and down the agile organization.
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI (must be “SCI Eligible” in JPAS) security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field and 10-12+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 8-10+ years of relevant experience.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess an IAT II certification level, i.e., Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials (CSWF) IAT 2 (Linux and or Windows OS and Security+ or equivalent).
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, or Powershell.
- Experience building and automating VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based infrastructures.
- Possess in depth knowledge of Veeam, VM Clustering and HA availability.
- Design, develop and maintain stand alone and cloud environments.
- Intermediate knowledge of DevOps Best Practices for designing, migrating and maintaining standalone hardware and cloud environments. Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Collaborate with engineers to generate and redline troubleshooting procedures, system configuration, and system administration guides/documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by SSC-PAC.
- Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Experience with Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework highly desirable.
- Experience as a tool administrator for Atlassian SCM tools suite.
- Two years’ experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.