Senior Software Development Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Responsibilities include working both independently and as member of the IFPA ERAM team:
• Understanding the established requirements for the IFPA interfaces, Supporting Problem Report fixes, and providing support to our FAA customer for their operations.
• Performing software development and thorough testing as needed for the ERAM system.
• Modernizing the AT control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system.
• Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems to Linux.
• Support FAA requests on the ERAM and DataComm programs.
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and a minimum of 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree being from an accredited colleges and in a related discipline
• Experience with software development specially using Ada, C or C++
• Familiarity with the various interfaces that IFPA has to maintain: NIP/NAIP/ATIP/FDIP
• Scripting languages like Perl, Python, or Korn Shell UNIX and/or Linux operating systems.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.