Leidos Corporate is looking for an experienced capture/BD professional to join our Strategy & Business Development’s Capture Excellence team as a Consulting Employee. The selected candidate will support high priority opportunities across a wide range of customers, missions and solutions. In this role, the candidate will lead and/or participate in win strategy and solution development and assist capture teams in developing capture strategies/approaches, win themes, differentiators, and other key elements that comprise winning proposals. The candidate will support teams in the development of key capture/proposal artifacts, graphics, etc. The candidate should have a working knowledge in key technical areas that align with Leidos’ technical competencies such as Cyber, Enterprise IT, O&M, Agile Development, etc. The candidate will work with capture teams early in the capture lifecycle to understand the customer and program, distill requirements and help the team formulate compelling technical solutions and win strategies. The candidate may also engage in key proposal development activities and reviews.
Lead/manage development of strategy, solutions and win themes in a collaborative workshop environment with diverse participants. Provide accurate and realistic guidance to capture teams, per the Win Plan process. Lead and work alongside capture teams in the development of winning solutions, strategies and approaches. May participate in proposal reviews and make recommendations to improve content and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 15 years’ experience in Federal Government contracting, capture and/or proposals. Additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Evidence of a successful track record leading or co-leading large, complex captures
- Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement and acquisition regulations
- Evidence of experience developing compelling strategies, win themes, discriminators, etc., for large programs
- Ability to lead diverse, multi-skilled teams in collaborative environments
- Ability to lead and/or participate in capture and proposal reviews
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Extensive experience developing capture strategies and win themes for large Federal programs
- Extensive experience in proposal development as a proposal manager, volume lead and/or writer
- Ability to understand complex and sometimes disparate ideas, identify common threads, and develop clear and concise statements that align with specific objectives
- Ability to manage and focus teams towards a common goal
- Technical knowledge, or ability to quickly grasp unfamiliar technical concepts
- Federal proposal management/writing experience; formal proposal training and/or certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.