Join a growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level! Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Hardware Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. Position can be supported from Lexington MA (Hanscom AFB Area); Shalimar FL (Eglin AFB Area); or Dayton OH (Wright Patterson AFB Area). Up to 100% Telework during COVID-19 restrictions, negotiable when restrictions lifted.
The engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts and a Hardware Logistics Manager providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer engineers, and end users. This position will elevate skills and experiences to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities to continue the development of the engineer. We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. The enterprise is embracing leading edge methodologies for Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Oversight of JPADS Mission Support Equipment (MSE) technology refresh/upgrade and associated development & environmental tests.
- Coordinate MSE airworthiness/safe-to-fly approvals with C-130 and C-17 aircraft program offices.
- Develop and update MSE-related technical orders/user’s manuals, and Depot LRU repair manuals.
- Provide input to Maritime Dropsonde development for Guardian Angel (Combat Search and Rescue).
- Oversee JPADS Spectrum Management (Dropsonde/GPS) and process waivers as required.
- Modify the aircraft maintenance version of the CAPRE software for use by depot technician when checking and troubleshooting use during repair process.
- Assist with procurement of spare test equipment for Depot.
- Update the JPADS Troubleshooting Guide.
- Participate in requirements and technical/weather discussions.
- Provide support to the field as MSE Help Desk.
- Lead MSE CCBs as required.
- Provide support to Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases as required/directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 8 - 12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- A current DoD Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to hardware-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience with JPADS hardware, airdrop concepts of operation, and Depot equipment maintenance.
- Experience with Department of Defense (Air Force, Army, and Special Ops) mission planning activities.
- General familiarization of the DoD system development and acquisition processes.
- General familiarization with DoD technical order system and processes.
- Experience with hardware/software systems integration, Agile Software Development, Scaled Agile Framework and Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI) processes.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.