To provide for well-organized storage of equipment and property; provide for materiel control and accountability of homestation and deployed equipment and property
- Coordinate with Sustainment Branch and Technical Branch equipment custodians on project execution activities, event support prioritization, and pack-out requirement milestones
- Coordinate with real property and IT custodians to support day-to-day operations
- Provide assistance to property custodians with receiving, in-processing, repair, relocation, turn-in, and disposal of equipment and property
- Conduct material control tasks (e.g., stocking shelves, inspecting items for shelf-life and serviceability)
- Provide for event deployment and redeployment of equipment and property (e.g., shipment preparation, packing, forklift operations, pallet staging, shipping)
- Support annual wall-to-wall warehouse inventory with each property custodian (10% inventory monthly with each custodian)
- Support property custodians with searches, audits, reporting for missing items
- Perform warehouse housekeeping duties to ensure a safe work environment
- Maintain warehouse hazardous materiel program
- Coordinate with branch and project leads to develop logistics support approaches, plans and schedules
- Compare and the evaluate possible courses of conduct, make a decision after the various possibilities
- BS and 4 years related experience, or additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated customer service, storage and organization, safety, accountability, and compliance abilities
- Ability to use automated systems and bar-code scanning equipment to track property and research materiel solutions
- Ability to move a 40 lb. equipment container onto a shelf at a height of 48 inches
- Ability to provide storage solutions for items with special storage requirements or storage compatibility issues (i.e., hazards, climate controls, safety, security, etc.)
- Ability to deliver and implement innovative solutions to improve warehouse efficiencies and asset management
- Ability to use materiel handling equipment, spotters, and other safety equipment to properly move items with excessive weight and/or height
- Ability to operate the warehouse disintegrator to dispose of shredded materiels in compliance with security requirements
- Ability to deploy for extended periods to austere, all weather, field environments
- Ability to communicate with peers to explain facts, processes and practices
- Prior military service in warehouse operations, materiel control activities, logistics, and deployed operations.
- Prior experience in warehouse design, layout, renovations, and/or configuration
- Prior experience with warehouse safety and/or industrial safety compliance
- Prior experience with warehouse operations process improvement initiatives
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.