Leidos Cyber & Enterprise Solutions Defense Group is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer to support systems engineering activities for the Joint C2 contract under Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Ft Meade, MD. In this role, you will provide technical analysis for a wide variety of systems engineering activities, execute moderately complex studies to evaluate products for compliance with requirements and applicable standards, define preliminary processes to solve complex engineering issues, and work heavily in a team environment. **You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance to work on this program.
- Performs systems integration of web services and Service-Oriented Architectures (SOAs) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VMware ESX Platforms.
- Conducts validation and verification of contractor delivered command and control software applications by reviewing delivered software and documentation materials, deploying software, operating software, and reporting findings during this process.
- Deploys hardware, installs base operating systems, installs software applications, and provides network configuration for a variety of hardware categories (workstations, servers, network switches, storage arrays, and network load balancing devices) on hardware hosted in the Ft Meade lab and within the DoD's cloud computing environment.
- Troubleshoots the operation of these components and resolves existing or potential issues to ensure optimum operation of the environment.
- Coordinates and ensures security compliance of the integration and test infrastructure using DoD security analysis techniques including the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management process and applying appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for relevant components.
- Conducts performance analysis and technology maturity assessments of emerging technologies through application review, automated, and load testing using tools like SoapUI, PostMan, LoadRunner, and Unified Functional Test. Understands and can provide insight on system and application performance through the analysis of recorded system utilization and network traffic during test events.
- Provides continuous monitoring of integration and test infrastructure components by leveraging Puppet Enterprise, Graylog, Host Based Security Solutions (HBSS), Nessus's Security Center, and Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring dashboards.
- Regularly engages the Program Management Office (PMO) customers, Contractor development teams, System Owners, and Operational user community.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and 4-8 years related experience in systems administration/engineering/integration. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold active United States DOD Secret Clearance
- Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification (i.e. one of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, GSEC, SCNO, SSCP, CISSP).
- Possesses strong experience with UNIX/Linux Systems Administration as well as VMware, Windows OS, and Java technologies.
- Possesses system engineering / testing knowledge or experience
- Has proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Possesses excellent technical writing; public speaking and presentation skills desired.
- Demonstrates the ability/desire to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment
- Familiarity with cloud computing integration.
- Familiarity with command line scripting.
- Familiarity with automation installation and testing tools.
- Familiarity with Nessus Security Center.
- Familiarity with HBSS.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology.
- Experience with Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) Family of Systems (FoS).
- Experience with Joint Planning and Execution Service (JPES).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.