Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos NISC III team is seeking a dynamic Project Scheduler Analyst to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to FAA customers, receiving NISC services throughout the eastern service area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC III mission.
You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The NISC III contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
The applicant will provide project administration and data analysis support for program/project management activities related to the implementation of assigned projects. The chosen applicant will provide assistance and recommendations to managers and staff who directly affect the conduct and attainment of goals. Using software like Primavera OR Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and Tableau, the selected candidate will assist clients and end users in the utilization of existing systems, programs, reports and procedures.
The employee will support the various program areas by participating in impromptu and monthly program team meetings and national/regional telcons. Additional support includes the preparation of written documents and providing input on written correspondence. The selected candidate must have excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with senior level management and internal and external customers, as well as foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers.
Usually requires BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to apply experience and comprehensive technical knowledge of analytical and statistical theories, principles, concepts, methods and techniques to accomplish assignments.
- The ability to provide analysis that will support the creation of actionable products that provide predictive and prescriptive analytics to enable informed management decisions.
- The ability to design, develop and adapt statistical models and other research methods in support of retrieving, interpreting and summarizing information to explore relationships between multiple variables.
- Use sound scientific and quantitative information to provide overall project results, technical reports and/or recommendations to management and PIMs as a basis for making decisions.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project management support specifically project management of the built environment including design and construction of facilities and infrastructure.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in scheduling projects using an industry accepted scheduling tool. (Primavera OR Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in developing resource loaded project schedules.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working a Corporate Management System (similar to the FAA’s CWP).
- Communications: Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing, prepare and conduct effective technical presentations, provide thorough project monitoring and reporting, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Computer Applications: Capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications, and know how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Administrative: Provides organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college.
- FAA project management experience.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.