Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Air Force Aviation Analyst to support to the Operational Energy office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force in a position located at Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC), Barksdale AFB, LA.
In this role, you will assist the Air Force Operational Energy Office addressing a broad range of issues associated with Air Force Operations and future technologies from an operational perspective.
- Conduct analysis of day-to-day AFGSC flight operations practices to determine how changes in policy, procedures, and techniques can reduce operational energy expenditure.
- Facilitate senior officer communication/education relating to advances in the field of operational energy from AFRL and commercial industry.
- Support advocacy, outreach, and engagement efforts on behalf of SAF/IEN to stakeholders in the Global Strike enterprise.
- Develop Business Case Analyses on potential aviation energy efficiency initiatives for aircraft and 3rd party applications.
- Lead other aviation energy efficiency projects.
- Perform analysis on potential and existing aviation fuel efficiency initiatives.
- Develop aviation energy efficiency issues for consideration as input to the Program Objective Memorandum budget submission.
- Develop and assess aviation energy metrics to develop opportunities for energy savings measures.
- Participate in Energy Working Groups.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant USAF experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant USAF experience.
- Must be US Citizen. Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Air Force Operations, either as aviator or in support role.
- Knowledge of Air Force Global Strike Command Operations preferred.
- AFGSC Staff level experience preferred, specifically in the Operations Division or the Plans, Programs, and Requirements Division.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.