Leidos is hiring a Java Developer with React and/or Angular front end for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. In this role, you will utilize your extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Your responsibility will include support for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. You will develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. You will demonstrate design experience and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback. You will also be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Role / Responsibilities:
- Design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies: Single Page Application front-end (React, NodeJS, Sass, Typescript)
- Participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. You will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
- You may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- You will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities
Key Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Solid front-end development fundamentals:
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Responsive design
- Accessibility (508, WCAG 2)
- 2+ years Node.js development including Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- 2+ years working with Git (or comparable source control) and an understanding of branching strategies.
- Have worked with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS.
- Server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE 6 and up, Spring / SpringBoot, Jax-WS and JAX-RS Webservice development, Apache OpenJPA or similar, EJB 3.0, common frameworks such as Maven, JUnit, Log4J, Mockito.
- Usability and Section 508 principles,
- SQL development for IBM DB2,
- WebSphere deployment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers
- Experience working with or building web components in any framework.
- Unit testing in a node.js environment (Jest, etc.).
- Familiarity with utility-first CSS frameworks such as Tailwind, Tachyon, etc.
- Agile development principles and methodology
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- SSA system architecture a PLUS
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration. The opportunity is located in Baltimore on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.