The Leidos Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Unified Communications Lead Engineer to work in our Springfield, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your leadership skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
The UFS Unified Communications Lead Engineer will be responsible for the development and deployment of voice and video communication and unified communications networks. This individual will work with the customer to provide innovative communication solutions within the boundaries and requirements defined. They will also provide transitional plans to bring those solutions into operation and provide Tier 3 Operations and Sustainment support.
- Preventative Maintenance (Software/Hardware/Firmware upgrades), including:
- Security updates
- Performance upgrades and scheduled maintenance
- Create and provide roll back plans
- Design and perform complete integration testing
- Interoperability of equipment
- Advanced Diagnostics (Tier 3 Technical Support) with: Communications (i.e. Integration between hardware & software, Instant messaging, Presence
- Incident Management (Break/fix) activities including, but not limited to:
- Determining best means to get system back up and running to original specifications
- Coordinating the repair of failed equipment
- Maintain current working knowledge of relevant system technologies
- Perform add/move/changes within CUCM and TMS
- Provide support to configure systems and user device profiles for multiple domains
- Support Cisco collaborated endpoint technologies to include:
- TMS, VCS, vBrick, MSE8000, 8710
- Cisco EX, DX, SX, MX series
- Maintain the maintenance log that tracks reported issues, work in progress and completed repairs
- Maintain room drawings and equipment diagrams
- Manage and maintain resource availability using RMS (AMX Resource Management Suite)
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI with ability to obtain Poly
- Performance tools, e.g. Goliath, ExtraHop, Solarwinds NPM, PRTG, and Cloudscape
- Network Monitoring/Management software
- Proficiency in all versions of the following: CUCM, UCCX, CUIC, Cisco Finesse, IM&P, Cisco Jabber, Unity Connection, NICE Call Recorder, PostgreSQL and Linux/Windows
- Skilled in using Visio and other network documentation software.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience implementing/supporting Cisco ACI
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree.
- Cisco Certifications preferred (CCDP, CCVP, CSSIP); CCNP or CCIE a strong plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.