The select candidate will support a high profile customer on a project that produces highly visible products for senior leadership. The individual will be responsible for activities associated with development, upgrades, maintenance, research and development and testing. Duties will relate to new and existing applications, features, web services, and major enhancements to include support in the areas of creation, coordination, dissemination, security and conveyance.
The environment demands focus, concentration, as well as patience and versatility to take part in all that is required to get mission accomplished, including O&M and R&D on top of existing development duties. While processes are in place, due to requirements and needs moving and changing quickly, this advanced and tightly run team, demands fast and fluid structures. Individuals must work as efficiently within the unit as they would on their own without extensive direction. The right individual will be open, responsive and pro-active (take ownership) when there is limited documentation. The resource will need to seek out needed information and understand all impacts to ensure successful execution. A key attribute will be professionalism and clarity in communicating with stakeholders, multiple and different layers of management, as much as with the technical team.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Development experience with Node.
- Development experience with REST APIs.
- Demonstrated experience with Xcode.
- Demonstrated experience with building iOS applications in C/Objective C.
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL and SQL.
- Demonstrated development experience with C# on MS Windows.
- Demonstrated experience with Typescript.
- Demonstrated experience with C/C++ libraries for iOS and MacOS.
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with Mobile Development either iOS or Android.
- Experience working with git at the command-line.
- Experience working with development environment on the Mac.
- Experience working with the Linux CLI and Linux scripting.
- Experience working with Sequelize ORM.
- Experience working with VS Code.
- Experience working with MS Visual Studio, Apple configurator and iPad/iPhone MDMs, and AWS would be a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.