Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos has more than 30 years of experience implementing grants management solutions for a variety of federal agencies. As one of the largest service providers for the federal government, Leidos offers maximum efficiency, support and skill handling variable conditions to produce meaningful peer reviews.
We are seeking a Project Team Lead candidate to work with our customer’s project managers, internal task/functional leaders, and support personnel to execute the DOJ Peer Review program. The successful candidate will work in a fast paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing resources to ensure that peer reviews are conducted within scope and time constraints. While part of a team environment, the candidate will also work independently, and may assist other team members on moderately complex projects/tasks/assignments.
Please Note: Telework Option available to work 1 to 2 days a week with manager's approval. Virtual/Remote work will be temporary due to pandemic. One is expected to return to work onsite office at some point in 2021.
As a Team Lead for Department of Justice (DOJ) contracts, the candidate will serve as a primary point of contact for select peer review projects and activities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interfacing with DOJ officials to coordinate, schedule, and manage discrete peer review projects.
- Engaging with subject matter experts for assignments and monitoring work activities.
- Assisting with logistics for independent and consensus reviews.
- Training and managing seasonal staff teams to manage workloads, ensure compliance with processes and procedures, and meet project deadlines.
- Managing projects to successful completion, meeting schedule deadlines, service levels, and performance targeted.
- Participating in regular process improvement and quality initiatives.
- Participating in and providing support for special projects.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- Experience in a project operations and/or management type environment.
- Demonstrated customer service in high volume, deadline driven environment.
- Experience with process improvement and quality assurance activities.
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility; ability to manage shifting schedules and priorities.
- Strong computer, Microsoft office skills.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance designation.
- Required: BA degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to secure Public Trust Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) clearance.
- Experience in a team leadership role.
- Education and/or experience in the criminal justice field or related discipline.
- Experience in Federal grants management / peer review process.
- PMP Certification.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.