The Surface Sonar program within the Defense Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Network Engineer in San Diego, CA.
Network Engineer to join our team in support of ASW training in San Diego CA. The successful candidate will provide Network and Information Technology services to maintain uninterrupted availability of the training systems for US Navy customer, in support of 24/7 operations.
- Provide on-site contact and incident resolution to US Navy customers with hardware, software, and network problems.
- Resolve incidents as quickly as possible.
- Document incident resolution and status.
- Install, configure, and manage Cisco networking devices consisting of Campus and Datacenter switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux workstations and servers.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and support various virtualized training systems.
- Monitor device and network health, configurations, information assurance patching.
- Evaluate problems with network connectivity to include copper and optical fiber cabling.
*Eligible for external referral program.*
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience providing direct fleet support through resolution of CASREPS, depot repair, generation of TRs and TORs.
- Associates degree with a total of 5 years of experience with troubleshooting and repair of USW combat system components.
- 5 years of experience repairing network intensive USW systems including LINUX, CISCO NWS, 3-COM NWS and server based technology.
- Working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications.
- Current DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with Cisco products
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience working with US military personnel
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.