Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of VMWare and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Administrator in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
Clearance: An active Secret Clearance is required for this role.
Location: This position allows for 100% telework from any U.S. based location.
In this role, you will:
• Maintain responsibility for managing the functionality and efficiency of virtual enterprise workstations and virtual host platforms.
• Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, security needs, and user functional requirements.
• Work on duties that include designing new VDI and desktop solutions, installing new software, troubleshooting, performing VDI and applications migrations, and training users, as needed.
• Program in an administrative language, including PowerShell and VMWare CLI, as needed.
• Interact with the engineering management team and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
• Write and Deploy Microsoft PowerShell scripts to support the collection of data from workstations and servers, assist with the deployment of software packages, and perform remediation actions on workstation or server assets
• Analyze and enhance operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address current and emerging IT challenges
• Bachelors Degree and 6-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 4-6 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must hold a current DOD 8570 IAT Level II Security + Certification
• Experience with VMWare virtualization solutions using ESX 5.5 and newer
• Experience with enterprise desktop deployments and management, including application package development and enterprise system refreshes
• Experience with enterprise Citrix solutions for desktop and application deployments
• Knowledge of Windows Server, including 2012, 2012R2, and 2016 operating systems, VMWare virtualization solutions, and Citrix capabilities
• Experience with writing and deploying Microsoft PowerShell scripts
• Experience with analyzing and enhancing operational procedures
• Knowledge of ITIL change management and problem management best practices
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.