The NGEN-NMCI program at Leidos currently has an opening for a BAN/LAN/WLAN Communications Network Engineer position.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NGEN mission. NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
In this role you will use your extensive knowledge of network communications, architecture, security controls and configuration.
You will also use an engineering and design-level understanding of enterprise networking architectures, management, and troubleshooting, as well as your ability to follow detailed installation and configuration management policies and procedures.
Work in a dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced and mission-focused environment .
The work locations for these roles will likely be in the following locations:
Pearl Harbor, HI
San Diego, CA
PRIMARY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a BAN/LAN/WLAN Engineer Mid on a team responsible for design, development, integration, and troubleshooting of current and future NGEN-R network architectures
- Define NGEN-R configuration baselines and versioning; initiate and conduct studies that examine upgrades and changes to the NGEN-R system and communications infrastructure
- Provide network engineering knowledge and skills to support everyday network operations, integration/installation and test and evaluation activities
- Perform detailed maintenance and troubleshooting using a thorough grasp of network architecture, networking hardware, protocols and routing and switching
- Support network design reviews mainly focused on cybersecurity requirements and security controls
- Coordinate network upgrades and maintenance activities with NGEN-R build and installation plans
- Perform daily monitoring (health and status) of system nodes
- Bachelor's degree preferred in STEM or relevant field, or comparable experience with 4-8 years of overall related networking experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the Hiring Manager's discretion.
- Ability to travel up to 25% including OCONUS potential travel
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance and ability to attain a TS
- Minimum of IAT Level II Certification and Vendor Certification: Comp TIA Security+, Cisco, Juniper, Commscope/Ruckus/Brocade, F5 Networks or Aruba Associate level certification
- Scheduled to work, or be called in to work, during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements
- Experience with network vendor routing, switching, and wireless hardware and software including, but not limited to Cisco IOS, Juniper OS, Aruba Wireless, Commscope/Ruckus/Brocade and F5 Networks
- 4+ years’ experience in design, maintenance, and operation of medium to large sized networks
- 4+ years’ experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
- 4+ years’ experience OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, Spanning Tree Protocol, VLANs, LLDP, VOIP, and Multicast protocols
- 4+ years’ experience with Cisco Switching/Routing product lines
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment
- Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI program is highly desired.
- Aruba/Commscope/Ruckus/Brocade hardware software experience preferred
- Juniper/McAfee/Cisco/Palo Alto Firewall experience preferred
- Experience with Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM) identity management solution
- Professional level vendor certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Palo Alto)
- Experience with Element Management Systems; HP/Microfocus NNM/NA, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks, Juniper Space, Aruba Clearpass
- Relevant US Military/DoD networking experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.