The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Quality Assurance Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office within the QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners. As an Aviation Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be expected to embrace the mission and objectives for the division and across programs and help embed and ensure compliance to the Leidos Enterprise Processes, AS9100 requirements, and DCMA 82.10.1C requirements across several programs. This will require the implementation of your quality assurance experience to lead audits, assessments (internal and external), document, measure, analyze processes, procedures, data and report on results of these activities including our subcontractor quality management system implementation.
Your quality assurance and aviation expertise will provide project life-cycle support from project capture to project completion. This will include support to project execution from a quality assurance, quality control, audits, inspections, corrective/preventive actions, root cause analysis, test monitoring, data analytics and measurements, supplier/subcontractor quality, quality management system implementation. You will be responsible of developing quality assurance plans, quality control plans, quality assurance surveillance plans and performance measurement plans to support capture activities as well as program execution. You will proactively engage in strategic continuous improvements and lessons learned activities. Quality efforts will include review of subcontractor statements of works, flow-down of customer requirements and review of contract deliverables to help ensure customer requirement satisfaction. Your duties will include ensuring effective implementation and compliance of processes and procedures that align with DCMA 8210.1C, AS9100, and FAA FAR requirements to support program execution and mission assurance requirements. Your expertise will provide early identification of risks and issues to prevent problems. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of Aviation Quality Assurance including maintenance and operation functions.
- Division Quality Assurance Engineering and Quality Control functions
- Conduct site and program requirement compliance audits to AS9100, Repair Station Manual, 82.10.C compliance
- Ensure control and compliance of subcontractors to SOWs, customer requirements and standards
- Ensuring that maintenance operations completed in accordance with 82.10.C, FAA 14 CFR Part 43, Leidos policies and procedures, AS9100, and OEM approved technical data
- Internally lead effort for site maintaining and sustaining quality AS9100, ISO 9001 certifications/credentials
- Actively participate in acquiring and maintain IS-BAO Stage 1 certification
- Proactively address internal and external Corrective Action Requests (CAR), perform detailed root cause analysis, identify containment, preventive and corrective actions
- Ensuring that aircraft modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Actively prepare and brief quality management review data and status quarterly
- Coordinating and/or presenting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate Quality Management System (QMS) processes
- Recommending, facilitating, tracking and reporting on continuous process improvement activities
- Review, comment and approve deliverable documents
- Develop and provide project managers, quality management and leaders with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- As needed travel to subcontractor site locations or as request OCONUS.
- Reporting to higher-level management on quality commitments, achievements and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program and division
- Effectively communicate/brief quality status with customers (e.g. DCMA, PE FW) and subcontractors.
- Support proposal activities from a quality perspective
- Must have a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Requires a BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience; or additional relevant experience.
- QMS implementation, audits and assessment of processes and products and document findings
- Development and review of quality documents and procedures
- Subcontractor control and surveillance as well as proactively address and resolve issues
- Extensive experience with DCMA 8210.1C, AR 95-20
- Extensive experience with AS9100/AS9110 Standards
- Ability to review, updates and make improvements to aviation program manuals, forms, and records
- Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.