The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Developer with Pega experience to work in our Arlington, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) mission. In this mission we provide on-site support to develop IT solutions to the organizations business processes and assist users with system issues. The new hire will work as part of a Eighteen person development team to create and manage business system applications for a USAF customer. The team is in the process of designing and building new custom applications to manage federal research grants based off current systems. The new applications are being developed as part of an enterprise effort using the Pega platform.
- Applicants will work with senior members of the team and users to analyze business requirements and support web-application activities using a variety of platforms.
- Applicants will assist the Lead Pega Developer to build software solutions that meet user requirements and the team derived “Definition of Done” using Agile/Scrum development standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Solutions should be imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with organization objectives.
- Applicants must possess a team first and flexible working mentality
- Excellent interpersonal working skills with both customers and team members are required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are also required.
- The ability to understand and follow the Agile Development Scrum model and to develop business system solutions using Pegasystems (i.e. Pega) software are essential elements of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of software development experience or a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of software development experience.
- Pega software development experience and or interest and ability to take Pega development courses.
- Candidates must be US citizens and already have or be able to obtain a NACI (i.e. DOD Public Trust).
- Ability to obtain 6 months from start date or currently possess Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification.
- Pega Certified System Architect (CSA).
- Experience with XML.
- CA Technologies Clarity Grants 15.x.
- OpenText Content Management Server 10.5.x with emphasis on Livelink workflows.
- Any work with data analytics/business intelligence tools. (i.e. Tableau, Qlik)
- Experience with Agile Development techniques to include Scrum.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.