The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group currently has an opening for an Endpoint Device Management Administrator to work in our Alexandria, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
The Endpoint Device Management Administrator is responsible for the design and implementation of client computing technologies that maximize service quality and productivity. They possess a broad technical understanding of organizational processes, technological offerings and service capabilities. They are also actively engaged in process definition, developing best practices, growing service capacity, and improving quality while adhering to all agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
Work as a member of a team that supports thin client configuration administration, incident troubleshooting and remediation with new tools and technologies. This individual will help support our operations and processes, and leverage tools such as HP Device Manager, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Citrix Studio, and shell scripting to include Bash and PowerShell to proactively support the Windows environment. The team will be proactively supporting enterprise endpoint management solutions while providing technical guidance and support to desktop support.
• Maintaining and upgrading server infrastructure to support thin clients
• Developing and deploying thin client images using HP Thinpro and ForcePoint Trusted Thin Client platforms
• Integrating update packages into previously developed images
• Evaluating endpoint peripherals for compatibility and inclusion to the environment
• Providing tier 2 and 3 support for endpoint centric incidents
• Coordinating with vendors to provide tier 4 support
• Developing test cases and testing updates for release based on customer incidents and emergent requirements
• Collaborate with project managers, software designers and developers, testers, and business staff to analyze historical business program data to define and develop testing scenarios to assure adequate test coverage and defined quality standards.
• Estimate resource requirements and coordinate test plans with project managers, testers, and customers to ensure work is consistent with development and deployment schedules.
• Ensure test environment, data, tools, and scripts are properly prepared, initialized and controlled to support test activities.
• Monitoring and reporting status of environmental health, ensuring a proactive approach to system stability is proposed to customer representatives
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Experience in lieu of degree
• Demonstrated experience with HP Device Manager 5.x+
• Understanding of Linux based operating systems, specifically of the Debian family
• Experience with Microsoft DHCP and DNS
• Knowledge of basic networking concepts to include vLans and routing
• Familiarity with VDI solutions
• Command line and strong automation skillset based upon infrastructure as code concepts
• Overall knowledge of the systems engineering process
• Strong problem solving and root cause analysis
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment or as an individual contributor
• Ability to organize and work on multiple projects concurrently, often under strict time constraints
• Ability to support non-core hour requirements and/or on-call scheduling
• Familiarity with ITIL processes
• Experience supporting a thin client environment of over 1000 endpoints
• Engineering level knowledge of the HP Thinpro operating system
• Administrator level knowledge of Forcepoint/Raytheon TTC operating systems
• Direct support experience with Citrix XenDesktop solutions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.