Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Database Administrator to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of it services; including service desk, desk-side support, windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, active directory services, video conferencing, Operations and Maintenance, and Engineering Services. The individual selected for this position will be a key member of the systems operations and administration (SOA) team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC.
This individual will lead and perform SQL database administration activities at the customer site. Senior level hands-on knowledge of database administration is required for this position, particularly with Microsoft SQL server that supports the customer critical application, Relativity.
- Leads the database administration activities for the Systems Operations and Administrations team. The successful candidate will coordinate database support activities and work directly with customers to ensure their needs are met. The candidate will perform hands-on database administration tasks, creates and maintains data base designs and process documentation, as well as focusing on continual database environmental improvements through recommendations and presentations to customer and Leidos management.
- Leads and performs activities associated with database monitoring, management of databases, database backups and restores, index maintenance, integrity checks, account management, performance monitoring, SQL patching, security configuration, and investigations related to database-related failures and/or security vulnerabilities.
- Works in a rapid paced environment, works independently, and leads other team members in doing the same, interacts with users to troubleshoot problems and evaluates vendor products to make technical recommendations.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating the operations environment as it relates to SQL databases.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Applies security settings and other commercial security best practices, works closely with the Security liaison to ensure patching requirements are met in a timely manner and within defined SLA agreements.
- Provides coaching and reviews the work of lower level technical staff
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Willing to support production maintenance windows as defined by the customer during non-production hours.
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, work well in a team environment, and will focus on making sure that the customer needs are met quickly and effectively. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 8 years’ experience. An additional 4 years’ experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in either cloud infrastructure development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Customer interface experience
- ServiceNow experience as it relates to incidents, request and change management responsibilities.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL server, oracle and databases working knowledge of windows and Linux servers
- Working knowledge of storage devices eg; NetApp and EMC
- Scripting experience and automation
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- ITIL training and/or certification
- MS Azure experience
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Past experience with the Department of Justice is a plus
- DOJ or DOD active clearance
- Network knowledge and experience
- SQL DB Certifications
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.