Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Systems Engineer with Splunk to provide SAFe Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Splunk Systems Engineer on this program, you will provide technology assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management. This role will be engage in the review and subsequent reporting of usage of system, data and information in support the adherence with outlined policies and procedures. The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk
- Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
- Recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Provide technical, managerial and administrate direction relative to the problem
- Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders
- The Splunk engineer will work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data
- Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
- Working with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Experience developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scripts
- Extensive experience working in AWS
- Extensive experience in SQL
- Experience administering Linux OS/ such as Redhat Enterprise
- Certified Splunk Administrator
- Prior management experience
- Requires Masters with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience working on IC systems
- Understanding of IC system development policies
- Experience with structured analysis and design methodologies
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.