Leidos is currently seeking a Field Technician to join our team. This individual will be part of a small, technical build team who will provide expertise to in building and configuring project workstations.
- Liaison between customer configuration teams tracking software issues when new builds have been distributed for implementation.
- Apply technologies to adapt computer methods to a variety of subject matter situations.
- Report network issues for connectivity and or security concerns.
- Manage customer based queues, schedule and assign tasks.
- Review tasks to ensure all equipment is available for customer configuration requirements.
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as a liaison between project management team, and delivery team validating equipment will be ready upon agreed upon date.
- Load workstations with the requested operating platforms to the organization’s local and wide area networks.
- Install software packages to ensure operational reliability and ensure compliance within specification and performance standards.
- Maintain system security.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proven experience working in a technical position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Skilled at prioritization, communications and multi-tasking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments while still meeting tight timeframes.
- Experience with programming, software development, systems integration
- Experience with Systems Administration duties
- Experience in a warehouse environment.
- Logistics experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.