The Leidos Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Unified Communications Operations Lead to work in our Springfield, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your leadership skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
The UFS Unified Communications Operations Lead will be responsible for the development and deployment of voice and video communication and unified communications networks. This individual will work with the customer to provide innovative communication solutions within the boundaries and requirements defined. They will also provide transitional plans to bring those solutions into operation and provide Tier 3 Operations and Sustainment support.
- Strong Customer relations background
- Oversee all unified Communications operations to insure the following:
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to present innovative solutions to the customer with success
- Lead a group of highly skilled individual as a team to achieve common goals
- Develop team skills to raise the overall performance of the team
- Provide development paths for rising team members.
- Manage day to day care and feeding of team’s leadership needs
- Preventative Maintenance
- Performance upgrades and scheduled maintenance
- Create and provide roll back plans
- Design and perform complete integration testing
- Interoperability of equipment
- Advanced Diagnostics (Tier 3 Technical Support) with:
- Communications (i.e. Integration between hardware & software)
- Instant messaging
- Incident Management (Break/fix) activities including, but not limited to:
- Determining best means to get system back up and running to original specifications
- Coordinating the repair of failed equipment
- Maintain current working knowledge of relevant system technologies
- Oversee add/move/changes within CUCM and TMS
- Ensure the configuration of systems and user device profiles for multiple domains
- Facilitate support of Cisco collaborated endpoint technologies to include:
- TMS, VCS, vBrick, MSE8000, 8710
- Cisco EX, DX, SX, MX series
- Ensure the maintenance of room drawings and equipment diagrams
- Manage and maintain resource availability using RMS (AMX Resource Management Suite)
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI with ability to obtain Poly to be considered
- Knowledgeable in the use of performance tools, e.g. Goliath, ExtraHop, Solarwinds NPM, PRTG, and Cloudscape
- Network Monitoring/Management software
- Knowledgeable in all versions of the following: CUCM, UCCX, CUIC, Cisco Finesse, IM&P, Cisco Jabber, Unity Connection, NICE Call Recorder, PostgreSQL and Linux/Windows
- Skilled in the use of Visio and other network documentation software a plus
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
Education/Minimum Years Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 -- 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 -- 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience in lieu of degree.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.