Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator, Senior level to support efforts for NGEN-R; supporting the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R SMIT, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. Systems Administrators are responsible for installing, configuring, administering, supporting, and maintaining customer IT systems. Some positions offer shift work with day/night schedules.
- Server & system administration and operations.
- Undertake efforts to improve performance, implement critical patches or updates, and other routine system administration tasks.
- Work in both physical and virtual environments (On-Prem and Cloud)
- Provide direct support to other Server infrastructure teams and cross train to alleviate single points of failure and meet ongoing responsibilities.
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate; identify efficiency opportunities.
- Interpret and implement system standards, processes, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and resolving problems
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and schedule
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel
- This role requires an individual that is technical, customer oriented and familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software.
- This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. Role requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This role is responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Additional duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return, troubleshoot in Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX/LINUX desktop operating systems (think or virtualized clients) imaging, desktop applications, user profiles, and general system problems.
- This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Direct Report supervisory responsibilities < 8 direct report
The work locations for these roles will likely be in the following locations:
Pearl Harbor, HI
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the Hiring Manager's discretion
- At a minimum, must meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP) and Microsoft or LINUX Professional level certification
- Must possess a DOD Secret Security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Experience with Tier 2 system administration
- Experience with Scripting/Automation
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Time management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Experience with support ticket management systems
- Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI program is highly desired.
- 12 years of relevant experience
- Advanced level certifications i.e. Microsoft, Linux, Programming, Scripting
- AWS and Azure experience
- IAT Level III Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.