Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Linux Engineer for the Military and Veterans Health Solution Operation. The right qualified candidate will join an organization of approximately $680M and 1,450 employees working to employ health technology to enable the transformation of health and healthcare delivery. This position will work within a geographically dispersed team using software tools for monitoring Military Health System applications and infrastructure. The Linux Engineer ensures the RHEL platform infrastructure is available and performing well.
This position is 100% Remote to begin, but may change to customer site.
Work with several external customer groups to develop system requirements, design associated solutions, and implement those solutions.
- Administering Linux operating system for a distributed Splunk platform
- Coordinate with local change and control boards and provide installation, configuration, engineering, administration, and accreditation documents/diagrams for the infrastructure life cycle replacements upgrades, enhancements, and new technology deployments
- Coordinate with Operations and Splunk teams all schedule patches
- Harden systems to meet DoD security requirements
- Maintain Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance on all servers
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 12+ years’ experience in the Information Technology arena or Masters Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
3+ Years experience hardening Linux in a DoD STIG environment
3+ Years experience developing POAM
3+ years of experience in a Linux Administration role
- Working Knowledge of Change & Configuration Management.
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification.
- Candidate must be a U.S Citizen and able to obtain ADP I Position of Public Trust clearance
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours on occasion
- Knowledge of Defense Health Agency networks and programs
- Linux Admin certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.