Leidos is seeking talented Software Developers to support Wright Patterson Air Force Base, either on base or in our Dayton Ohio office. These positions will involve supporting systems integration activities for multiple programs addressing fast paced software development needs for the USAF. In this role you will be expected to contribute to hardware/software integration activities as well as other infrastructure-related duties as assigned. Positions currently contingent upon contract award.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of national defense, and intelligence gathering products for both airborne and ground based systems
- Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
All levels require:
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java, C#
- Communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to interact with and present to management
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of two (2) years of experience, or Masters with no prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of four (4) years of experience, or Masters with two (2) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
For Senior Level
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience or Masters with six (6) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- An active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to maintain
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.