Leidos is looking for a Configuration Manager for an exciting opportunity in Mechanicsburg, PA.
The Configuration Manager manages, maintains, and improves the configuration management (CM) environment for hardware, servers, and software product builds. The Configuration Manager coordinates and tracks software and system staging, testing, integration activities with the software developers, functional analysts, and testers in order to support CM policy compliance for a Department of Defense Logistics Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for configuration management planning. Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits. Identifies and maintains the original configuration of requirements documentation, design documentation, software and related documentation.
• Responsible for configuration change control. Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into system documentation and related software. Responsible for configuration status accounting.
• Tracks all problems and changes in system documents and software and reports changes to current configuration. Responsible for configuration audits.
• Define and implement manageable CM processes (checkout/check-in, branching, merge, continuous build and integration models, release packaging, etc.)
• Develop Configuration Management (CM) Plans and audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures.
• Implement and improve process automation using appropriate automation tools
• Develop standard operating procedures and contractual documents
• Manage program CM audit preparation
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• 5 years of experience (with at least 2 in configuration management). Four years of related work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Ability to obtain government security clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Prior configuration management experience in an Agile software development environment
• Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Ability to be a self-starter
• Demonstrate great attention to detail with respect to managing software development environments, program libraries and software deployments
• Collaborative problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to produce documentation and presentations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.