Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Cyber Engineer located in Orlando, FL. Position requires an active DoD secret level clearance for consideration.
In this role, you will perform Cyber security engineering related tasks as well as remain responsible for the various program IT systems. Your work will include identification of applicable software security requirements, providing guidance to products to meet those requirements and control potential vulnerabilities. The position may require travel to sites both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provide direct technical interaction with other product teams with software security expertise.
- Participate in the identification and analysis of system and component level software security requirements to determine security criticality.
- Inspect, test, analyze or demonstrate security features of the products to formally certify security requirements have been properly applied.
- Work with program teams to obtain relevant security patches, support testing of patches, and deployment of them to development laboratories and field assets and to report patch level status to the customer.
- Prepare in coordination with the Prime customer, security assessment reports along with other security documents.
- Support review of design, engineering analysis, and test data to evaluate compliance with software security requirements and adequacy of vulnerability controls.
- Duties will cover all phases of system development including defining and allocating requirements, detailed design, code, testing, and operational experimentation.
- Specific tasking will include migrating systems from Win SVR 2008 to 2016 or 2016 SHB including all STIGS, lockdowns, etc. from the ground up.
- The candidate will be involved in planning, designing, installing, maintaining, securing, and monitoring local area networks (LANs) and network security (STIGs, Audits, Reports).
- 5+ years of applicable experience with a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline.
- Must possess one of the following certifications: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySa+, GICSP, CND, or SSCP.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance.
- MS Office tools including Visio.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.