Leidos is looking for an individual to work closely with the Singlelock PMO, supporting the PM leadership to meet scheduled and ad hoc customer deliverables. Act as a liaison for the PMO with Leidos support functions, the program staff, Leidos leadership, customer staff, and other project stakeholders. At start-up approximately 50% of the time will be located in Springfield and 50% located in Reston. Duties may include administrative tasks in such functional areas as finance, human resources, purchasing, research and development.
- Develop positive relationships with the PMO, program team, customer, subcontractors, and other project stakeholders through consistent communications and building of trust.
- Interact daily with supervisors, program staff, and/or functional peer groups; interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Provide the PM with the most accurate and up to date program information for senior leadership.
- Facilitate and help support the writing of the program CDRLS, WSRs, and SOPs with the support of SMEs. Define document templates for program, deliverables, SOPs, and other program documentation. Responsible for editing, proofreading and providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents.
- Manage the programs SharePoint sites (unclassified and customer site), define folder structures, maintain accesses, and update content for organization and management of team information and documentation.
- Identify, define and address local issues and actions on behalf of the PM, based on knowledge of the company's organization, policies and personnel; coordinate response and lead on-site actions as required to best support the project.
- Coordinate the implementation of program-wide procedures.
- Schedule and facilitate progress meetings with the government customer and PMO/Team Leads; support the PM in the preparation of agendas and presentation slides; capture and distribute notes.
- Schedule technical meetings as needed to support the project staff.
- Coordinate and track contracting on-boarding requirements for Leidos and subcontractor staff.
- Prepare, revise and submit project reports in coordination with the PM and the Team Leads.
- Maintain distribution lists.
- Support Leidos staff with travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Perform required administrative tasks in support of the Program operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience providing internal and external customer service in support of a wide range of levels of customer and program staff, to include management and government representatives.
- Must possess the ability to maintain a strict level of confidential records and information.
- Experience in setting up meetings, training, and conference calls.
- Ability to manage and maintain SharePoint sites.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets.
- Experience collecting data from numerous sources and constructing reports.
- Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly customer and company deliverables on current operations and recommend actions to leaders.
- Demonstrated experience with entire projects or processes spanning multiple professional areas.
- Prior experience writing program documents, deliverables, and SOPs.
- Prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments; exercise frequent independent judgment, initiative and tact.
- Strong MS suite skills to include MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- TS/SCI with specific polygraph.
BA /BS and 5 - 8 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.