Leidos has an opening for a Special Project Coordinator, a part time position directly supporting the MFLC Program Manager, contingent upon award of the MFLC program to Leidos. This position will be a senior member of the MFLC Leadership team. The Special Project Coordinator is an outstanding opportunity for a highly seasoned professional with diverse experience who seeking a key role requiring broad exposure to both corporate and government senior leaders. This position will report directly to the MFLC Program Manager and will be responsible for managing, executing, or coordinating the execution of, both known and unforeseen projects designed to meet both government and corporate MFLC reporting, presentation, or operational requirements. In addition to the Program Manager, the Special Project Coordinator will be required to coordinate extremely closely with both the Deputy Program Manager and the Lead Program Coordinator (Chief of Staff) as well as maintaining on-going working relationships directly with all other MFLC Staff Principles and selected corporate stakeholders. While this is a telecommuting position, it may require intermittent travel and the requirement to personally present reports or oral briefings to corporate and government stakeholders. A military spouse with defense contracting background background would be an ideal candidate for this position.
The Special Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, in conjunction with the Lead Program Coordinator, all input required to complete such projects from both within, and outside of, the MFLC Program. The Special Project Coordinator will be responsible for synchronizing all project responses with the MFLC Stakeholder Register, Stakeholder Engagement Plan as well as—in the case of government-directed projects—pertinent Leidos Health Group and Corporate engagement plans. If required, the Special Project Coordinator may manage classified projects.
Managing special projects in order to fulfill corporate or government requirements. The nature, scope, and frequency of such projects are, as yet, unspecified and categorized as “on call.” In most cases they will be suspense-driven; often with relatively short suspenses. Successful completion of these projects will require excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills as well as attention to detail.
In cases of presentations involving detailed graphics, the Special Project Coordinator will be responsible for developing the conceptual approach to graphics; but not for the formal creation of the graphics themselves.
- Bachelors degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior Relevant experience must include both commercial experience and on-the-ground experience providing extensive knowledge and understanding of military communities. Any mix of these experiences which, when summed up, will total the required number of years is acceptable.
- Ability to create/perform in a unique role within this multi-billion dollar program.
- High energy level and flexibility to meet a wide variety of organizational demands in an efficient and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to sort out the essential elements from multiple or highly complex inputs.
- Demonstrated success leading and managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive organizational and business information in highest confidence
- Ability to work collaboratively up and down and across the organization as well as with both functional and operational personnel
- Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Secret Clearance
- Travel as Required (estimated less than 10%)
- Academic degrees related to social, organizational, or political analysis and requiring or focused on writing and communication skills.
- Contracting experience with OCONUS DoD programs. (Strongly preferred)
- Documented experience in coordinating actions among numerous stakeholders
- Contracting experience with DoD programs involving multiple Services, OSD, or Joint (Strongly preferred)
- Personal involvement with military communities and organizations
- Personal involvement with military communities and organizations OCONUS (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of both informal and formal military community structures.
- TS or TS/SCI eligible (strongly preferred)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.