Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Solar Technology and Energy Consultant with primary responsibility for working in a team setting to support an existing renewable energy consulting practice.
Primary responsibilities and duties include assisting the team in the following areas.
• Solar resource modeling
• PVsyst modeling
• Statistical evaluation of datasets
• Reviewing performance test provisions and results
• Reviewing power purchase agreement guarantees
• Writing independent/owner engineering reviews and reports
• Reviewing and analyzing SCADA data to assess the performance of operating solar power generating facilities
• Work with project managers in developing scopes and budgets for new opportunities
• Providing technical reviews on various PV technologies (PV modules, inverters, trackers)
Other opportunities within the role include supporting reviews of other technologies and performance modeling, such as energy storage, participating in reviewing operations and maintenance of power generation facilities, developing and presenting white papers, attending conferences, and performing business development activities.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering required. A degree or substantial course work or professional work experience in statistics is preferred.
• 4+ years’ experience in the engineering design, evaluation of technology, performance modeling/analysis/testing or operations and maintenance of PV and/or other renewable generation facilities. Having worked at a developer, independent engineer, and/or on a performance optimization team is a plus.
• Deep understanding of statistical analysis
• Expertise how performance is modeled inside and outside of PVsyst on a practical level. Knowledge with HelioScope, PV Watts, and SAM is a plus.
• First principles understanding in module degradation, and project-level useful life.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, and energy service companies.
• The job may require as much as 20 percent travel, including international travel, and can include weeks with extended work hours to support client(s) needs (can be typically 50 hour weeks). However, travel is typically limited for this position.
• Foreign language skills are a plus, especially Spanish.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Management Consultant Comm
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.