The Leidos Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Audio / Visual Support engineer to work in our Springfield Va. location This is an exciting opportunity to use your engineering skills helping the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive missions. Our team operates and sustains UFS for NGA, provide continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of UFS, implement special orders to rapidly support mission needs without disrupting daily operations and posture NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quickly respond to customer issues regarding application/hardware related issues, resolve on the spot problems.
- Candidates must be able to replicate issues for internal analysis/diagnosis, and prepare/proofread technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor and program.
- Must possess strong work ethic; good customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Monitors the audio-visual network using AMX Resource Management Suite (RMS).
- Setup; maintain; audio/video equipment to include Cisco Codecs, Bright Sign Media Players, AppSpace application, DVTC systems
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware)
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support
- Provides technical support and training to end-users
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to work with clients to help meet their expectations
- Must be able to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment
- Must be team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
- Performs additional related duties as requested.
- Position-Specific Demands: Mental; Visual and/or Physical. Must be able to lift and move audio/camera equipment up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to walk distances quickly and comfortably to support large geographically dispersed customer base across large office building
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of Audio/Visual systems supporting major conference events. Maintains the integrity and availability of systems.
- Setup microphones/speakers and maintenance
- AV equipment maintenance
- Good Customer Service Skills
- AV control systems
- End User IT Support Experience
- Knowledge in TMS and VTC systems/support
- Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
- Audio Visual experience i.e. AMX; Extron; Christie Digital Video Teleconference experience, Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Must currently possess a TS/SCI with ability to obtain Poly to be considered
Education/Minimum Years Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.