Leidos is looking for a full time Financial Counselor to join our Human Health and Performance group. This position is perfect for an experienced professional seeking a rewarding and challenging opportunity supporting medical and financial services for the men, women and families of the Military and Intelligence Community.
**Top Secret Clearance is required to perform the job Leidos is able to sponsor qualified individuals to receive clearance. (18-24 month process)**
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide financial counseling and assistance to identified individuals.
- Evaluate individual or family income and expenditures and provide recommendations for short- and long-term actions to achieve financial goals
- Provide assistance to help improve, establish and rebuild credit, organize finances including empowering personnel to budget and manage their debt, savings, benefits, and taxes to efficiently meet financial goals for the short and long term.
- Regularly provide follow-up one-on-one financial counseling as needed
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field
- Minimum of two years financial support work
- Must possess a Nationally recognized and accredited Financial Counselor Certification
- Candidate must possess current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph or be willing to enter the clearance process which can take 18+ months.
- Ability to use sound professional judgment, ethical practice, and common sense.
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate financial needs of individuals and families.
- Experience with one-on-one financial counseling
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and very detail-oriented
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.