The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Field Service Technician Level 2 and Site Lead at Fort Belvoir, VA.
The Field Service Technician will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance and operations to ensure that the site’s information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Accountable for all aspects of requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities including maintenance and security for remote site by themselves with demanding customers in austere or garrison locations
- Provide Tier I and II support at remote field and garrison sites ensuring that processes and network systems meet performance requirements
- Perform server and desktop installation, basic cabling
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops and laptops
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs
- Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access
- Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely
- Provide desktop system management involving account monitoring, security, operating system installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Maintain and load cryptographic device and keys; troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with IP Encryption devices
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues printers, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; operate and maintain servers and storage devices
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Cisco network devices and LAN functionality and connectivity
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 4+ years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree
- Experience with maintenance of servers, storage devices and applications
- Experience with virtualization solutions such as VMware & Microsoft Hyper-V
- Variety of system administration experience in areas such as AD, SCOM, SCCM, IIS, SQL, DSUW, Remedy ITSM, M3, Exchange, Linux, Unix, patch management
- Knowledge of IT service desk requirements and management software
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as MCSA: Windows Server 2016 or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- ITILv3 certification
- Cisco certification such as Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.