The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Engineer Level 3 and Site Lead at Camp Bullis, TX.
The Network Engineer will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for network design, engineering, operations, and to ensure that the organization's network infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Point of contact / accountable for all aspects of technical requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities, and is authorized to act on site-specific matters relating to the daily operation of the task order
- Applies expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance, and develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple technical disciplines
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design solutions and documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Monitors device and network health, configurations, information assurance patching to ensure network systems meet technical, performance and availability requirements
- Interacts with the Government and team members across multiple technical areas regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility
- Comment on system changes thru Configuration Control Boards in a professional manner
- Maintain required security posture on all network equipment in accordance with DoD and local command mandates and requirements, including updates, STIGs, IOS upgrades, and other basic network security requirements
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Directs and leads multiple teams through to project completion
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 6+ years of experience with either Systems Administration, Network Administration, Database Administration. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree
- Experience with data center design, implementation, and operation
- Experience with cloud service technologies and best practices
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Nexus networking technologies
- Working knowledge of Network Performance Monitoring tools
- Experience with IP Encryptors configuration and maintenance
- Understanding of network security best practices and protocols such as IPSec
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as CCNP or other Professional Level network certification in a relevant subject
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Poly
- Currently possess CCIE or other Expert Level network certification in a relevant subject
- Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- ITILv3 certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.