Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Leidos Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Center is growing and currently recruiting an experienced, and motivated Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst.
As a Cyber Intelligence Analyst, you will be focused on defending Leidos' global networks through threat hunting, and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors. In this role, you will perform data analysis, incident response, investigative analysis, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats, particularly those directed against Leidos' global networks. You will be expected to "think like an adversary" and engage in threat hunting operations leveraging your understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by advanced threats combined with intelligence from multiple sources. Additionally, you will provide reporting and briefings to other teams and leadership in order to maintain appropriate levels of situational awareness, and contribute to technical innovation to further evolve Leidos' defensive capabilities and methodologies.
- Analyse network and host activity associated with both successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers
- Perform network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output
- Support enterprise incident response efforts
- Leverage understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats to create and add custom signatures that mitigate highly-dynamic threats to the enterprise
- Employ advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction and intelligence gathering
- Proactively research emerging cyber threats
- Combine and apply analytical understanding of attacker methodologies and tactics with system vulnerabilities and key indicators of attacks and exploits
- Create and contribute to threat intelligence reports and briefings that provide situational awareness of cyber threats impacting the company's global network infrastructure to every level of the organization
- Lead and participate in threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, as well as indicators of attack, in order to detect advanced threats to the enterprise
- Collaborate internally and globally within Leidos and externally to the company, using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals
- Provide on-call support for incident response efforts outside of core hours as needed
- Experience in conventional network\host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics, or malware analysis
- Experience performing "deep dive" analysis and correlation of log data from multiple sources including PCAP and forensic artefacts
- Experience with incident response activities
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems and Network Protocols
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools and the Unix/Linux command line
- Understanding of behaviour-based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
- Experience with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM-type platform
- Capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat intelligence to both technical and executive-level stakeholders
- Familiarity with common languages (like Perl and Python) to parse logs, automate processes, and integrate systems
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence Analyst
- Experience with dynamic malware analysis, and reverse engineering
- Experience in cryptography or cryptanalysis
- Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA signatures
- Published research papers at conferences or through other mediums (blogs, articles)
- Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) tools and techniques
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats
- Experience applying threat and data modelling, advanced data correlation, and statistical analysis to develop alerts, notable events, investigative dashboards, and metrics driven reports
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.