Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos has an immediate need for a Program Management Analyst responsible as the primary interface between the program’s Federal Project Engineers and the Defense Programs (DP) budgeting system. The work performed is extensive in scope and requires an experienced individual with demonstrated program/budget analysis expertise, self-starting, ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, and interface with broad range of federal and military senior staff and leadership. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque, NM.
Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on budgetary issues.
• Keep records on status of portfolio and program budget changes, including allocation/reallocation, expenditures, comparison of earned value management system information to identify issues and suggest corrective action.
• For the Federal Program Manager, analyze, report on results, and track action items on technical projects undertaken by the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities in nuclear weapon component development.
• Advise Federal Program Manager in methods for meeting requirements associated with current and future fiscal year planning and assist in developing consistent methods and approaches for use by Federal and contractor budget support staff members.
• Prepare program cost and budget documentation over several budget fiscal years, including the development of complex spreadsheets, development of program planning and budget briefings, and draft preparation of work authorizations and approved funding program documentation.
• Provide program management support in the preparation, coordination, evaluation, review and analysis of program execution plans and tracking, monitoring, and reporting of program-specific milestones and updates of annual performance measures.
• Manage annual, quarterly and other periodic reporting requirements, including program reviews, providing programmatic input, and coordinating NNSA site meetings associated with program deliverables.
• Analyze, format, and present justifications to senior Federal management and external organizations, such as Congress and the Office of Management and Budget.
In addition to the above duties, candidates must have served as Team Lead for staff supporting life extension nuclear weapon programs. These duties involve knowledge of Leidos time keeping rules, time card logging and approval, assisting with employee performance evaluations and hiring new staff. New duties will include salary and career planning support in the First Line Supervisor role for a staff of approximately 20 people.
Minimum of 10 years of related program/budget analysis experience required.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise; Interagency experience desired.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel)
• Nuclear weapons experience desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management.
• MBA or Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited university.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.