At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science
We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group of Leidos is looking for a talented Development Operations Engineer to support our programs in Newport News, VA. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with a software development team supporting programs with the design, creation, maintenance, and testing of .NET web applications using C#, Entity Framework, and SQL Server on Microsoft platforms. The successful candidate will have a passion for making software development more enjoyable and efficient for those involved creating it and be detail-oriented and a highly motivated self-starter able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science and eight or more years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong knowledge of software deployment, versioning and release management processes.
- Virtual machine management and provisioning using Hyper-V, VMWare, and/or VirtualBox
- A solid grasp of CI/CD pipeline automation tools (Jenkins, TeamcCity, SonarQube, RunDeck, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability with scripting languages such as PowerShell and Bash
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration using tools such as Docker, Portainer, Kubernetes, Helm, Rancher, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile / Scrum / SAFe development methodologies
- Strong troubleshooting and incident management skills
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance once hired
In this role, you will:
- Support and enhance the software development, test, and delivery experience within several teams, totaling ~40 members
- Develop, maintain and champion Continuous Integration & Delivery processes, tools and execution
- Conduct DevOps tool research, evaluation, proof of concept, installation, configuration and training; includes testing frameworks, code quality analysis, automated unit testing, etc.
- Interact daily with technical leadership, quality assurance, and functional peer groups
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Management (Apache ActiveMq Artemis, Apache Kafka)
- Experience working with cloud computing providers (AWS, Azure, MilCloud)
- Familiarity with .Net (C#) and Java programming languages
- Familiarity with various databases (Sql Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience managing projects within the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with Windows Server and working in a Microsoft Windows Domain (Active Directory, WSUS, Group Policy, etc.)
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Technical Writing
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.